Vacancy name: Finance/Administration Clerk
Duration of employment: Fixed term contract until November 2023
Type of employment: Part-time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Salary: To be discussed
GIN is a global network of LGBTIQ++ people of faith who use their faith traditions as a source of insight and energy to advocate for the human rights of LGBTIQ++ people globally. GIN has a specific focus on what we call Key Affected Contexts, places where violence and power collude with religion, culture and tradition most viciously to instigate homophobic and transphobic discrimination, many of which are in the Global South. Our Secretariat is based in South Africa, and we have approximately 450 members (both individuals and organisations) worldwide.
Purpose and Summary
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance/Administration Clerk assists in the ongoing maintenance of internal records and reports and in the preparation and maintenance of records and schedules for all GIN’s accounts and programs. The Finance/Admin Clerk assists in the appropriate and safe handling of agency financial records, forms, correspondence, and documents
Duties and Responsibilities
- Service Responsibilities – Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Clerk is responsible for:
- processing, verifying and balancing invoices for all programs as appropriate.
- preparing invoice payments and authorizations for payment;
- maintaining safe processing of all finance related records, i.e. photocopying, mailing and filing;
- ensuring online filing system is efficient and effective;
- assisting audit preparation for interim and year-end;
- assisting in the collection of information for payroll to be processed.
- support with travel logistics for programme staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualification in finance/accounting/bookkeeping would be preferable.
- Work Experience Minimum one year work experience in accounts payable, preferably in a non-profit agency.
- proven knowledge of and ability to effectively carry out basic financial procedures, e.g. ledger entries;
- knowledge of and/or ability to learn cloud accounting system (Xero)
- ability to work productively with limited supervision and under stress of deadlines;
- ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team;
- ability to maintain confidentiality;
- good written and verbal communications skills;
- excellent spelling, punctuation and general grammar
- ability to work within the policies, procedures and the vision, mission and core values of GIN;
Conditions of Employment
- satisfactory Criminal Records Search;
- ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Finance Manager in relation to service requirements;
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Want to Apply?
Kindly submit your resume and motivation letters to Recruitment@gin-ssogie.org by 03 February 2023.