GIN is an international membership-led non-profit organisation that promotes safety and inclusion for all people of faith and spirituality, especially for people that often are discriminated against on the basis of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression. GIN advocates for safe spaces, policy inclusion and for the support and acceptance of all sexual and gender minorities for whom their faith is an important life-giving source.
Becoming a GIN member means that: you will receive our regular newsletters (including information regarding our activities, GIN members’ project & research), have the opportunity to engage with like-minded individuals and organisations and collaborate together in programmes, conferences and other platforms, have the opportunity to share your work and interest with over 400 GIN members.
* Full membership: Any individual or relevant entities engaging with faith and spirituality that subscribe to our vision, mission, objectives and values can be members of GIN-SSOGIE.
The criteria for individual members are as follows:
• Individuals who are people of faith or who are currently engaged in faith based or spiritual work, AND
• Individuals who can demonstrate leadership on issues that affect LGBTIQ people
The criteria for organisational members are as follows:
• Organisations who are who are currently engaged in faith-based or spiritual work, AND
• Organisations who can demonstrate leadership on issues that affect LGBTIQ people
* Allies of GIN-SSOGIE: Any individual or entity that subscribes to our vision, mission, objectives and values, but does not meet the criteria for full membership, can become and ally of GIN-SSOGIE.
Please read GIN-SSOGIE’s Vision, Mission and Objectives, as well as the Statement of Values before submitting your forms. You will be prompted to agree to them before final submission of your application. You can access these here:
We will ensure that your data is secure and is never shared with anyone outside of GIN without your permission.