Vacancy name: Independent Consultant for Research on the Effects of the Religious Anti-Rights Movement for LGBTIQ+ Communities In Africa
Duration of employment: 6 Month Contract beginning April 2023
Type of employment: Part-time
Salary: To be discussed
Opportunity closing date: 15 March 2023, 17:00 CAT
The Global Interfaith Network is seeking an independent consultant to conduct research on the effects of the religious anti-rights movement for LGBTIQ+ communities. The research will focus on analyzing the impact of religious anti-rights movements on the lives of LGBTIQ+ people, particularly in the areas of discrimination, stigma, and violence.
- Design and implement a research project that will examine the impact of religious anti-rights movements on the lives of LGBTIQ+ people
- Participate in monthly meetings with UHAI Eashri
- Conduct literature reviews and engage with stakeholders to gather data and insights
- Attend a minimum of two conferences(all costs will be covered by GIN-SSOGIE)
- Analyse data and produce a report that details the findings of the research
- Develop recommendations for strategies that can be used to address the negative impact of religious anti-rights movements on LGBTIQ+ people
- Present findings to stakeholders and engage in discussions to promote dialogue and engagement around the issue
- Proven experience in research and analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting LGBTIQ+ communities and the impact of religious anti-rights movements on their lives
- Experience working with diverse communities and engaging with stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and meet project timelines
- Available to travel regionally in Africa for work purposes and is in possession of a valid passport.
This is a part-time, contract position with a duration of 6 months. Aim to fill this position from April 2023. The consultant will be expected to work remotely and report regularly to the project team. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the project, and a sample of a research report you have authored. Please also indicate your expected pay rate. Applications should be sent for the attention of Pierre Buckley to Recruitment@gin-ssogie.org by 10 March 2023, using the subject line: “Attn Pierre: Independent Consultant”.
GIN is intentional about hiring marginalised individuals. We promote a work culture that prioritises diversity, equity and inclusion in our hiring practises. This is not only to create a more diverse and representative team, but also foster a more inclusive and supportive work culture.